- Be kind and not selfish
- Be patient and keep your word
- Talk to each other but listen first
- Be quiet but don’t make them read your mind
- Give each other space but look at each other when you talk…if possible
- Realize you won’t always agree and that’s ok
- Laugh, have fun and work through the hard times because it’s better on the other side
- Be the kind of person you would like to be married to
- Ask for forgiveness, when you hurt each other
- Kiss, hold hands and say “I love you”
I’m not old enough to be married as long as I have. But I have been married long enough to learn that words and situations can feel extremely different to a couple sharing common experiences.
Be the kind of person you’d enjoy being around.
Don’t expect your spouse to meet every expectation that you have. That is impossible and they can’t read your mind.
This isn’t rocket science…just life.
What is the best piece of advice on marriage you ever received?
Thank you for your visit!!! You are my tribe and I love ya’ for being here!