Curious little fingers, driven by an inquisitive mind inspected the glass beverage dispenser that dripped with the cold sweat of iced lemon water.
…with jarring motion, the elegant vessel of refreshment crashed and broke into a zillion shards of glass as the essence it held ran in puddles across the floor.
Our attention was turned to the commotion and we rushed to clean the mess.
Have you found life to be like that?
Everything is humming along just splendidly, then boom…everything changes.
Here are some tips for maintaining your sanity in the chaos.
- Try to stay calm, by taking deep breaths or going for a walk in nature. (or eat a humongous bowl of popcorn…there’s always that)
- Hasty words are not easily mended. Try to guard what you say. Think before you speak.
- Allow people to help you.
- If you can see or find anything good or praise worthy, try to let those things become your focus.
- Know that God promises never to leave you.
The broken can’t always be mended, but there will always be time for a fresh start, eventually…
This post is a compilation of swirling thoughts related to our family events of late, and this post about the forget-me-nots crying. Maybe these ideas will help some of you as they have helped me. I have had to focus on these the last several days and last night as the darkness ate away at me, I kept telling myself to focus on the good and list it. So much is lost, yet so much remains…
Thank you for all your kind words and comments. Your presence here in this online space is valuable and important. Life goes on. Never ever forget your worth.