Today is going to be a great day…just don’t quit.
Several of you have commented or messaged about the post I wrote on discouragement.
I wasn’t prepared for your responses I guess…that the post was helpful!
I don’t know why I was surprised…I guess I just felt lame…
I should have felt amazing to share with you, what helps me…
So here I go…feeeellling aHhhmaaazing.
There are 3 things that I’ve thought about over and over this past week.
- If we could set on the porch of a cute little farmhouse overlooking a babbling brook, and not have to interact with news or people, we’d basically be oblivious to the chaos that wants to encroach on our joy.
- So, pretend that you are sitting on a porch overlooking a babbling brook…
- It’s what’s in our hearts that’s creating all this STUFF, all this greed and meanness and fighting…
- So think about yourself. I am. What do I, what do you, need to change? Am I being mean and greedy? …I guess that was 4 things, wasn’t it?
- And 5, yes #5…here’s a poem that I remind myself of often. Maybe it will encourage you like it does me. I’ve shared this ” Don’t Quit” poem before, but it won’t hurt us one teensy little bit to read it again.
Because today is going to be a great day if we just…
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor’s cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.
Today is going to be a great day.
This is an affiliate link for a plaque for this poem. I plan to order one and hang it in the back entry way of our new home…just for the reminder!
Thank you for all the likes, comments, shares and pins. I appreciate each and everyone. This community is wonderful and together we can make the world a better place. I love it when you subscribe and encourage your friends to subscribe also. Let’s go be EXTRA-ordinary!…and don’t quit.